An overview of the HIRA process. A practical, scientific and mathematical approach towards health and safety and environment.
An understanding into the various hazards at the workplace and the risks associated with these hazards.
The aim of the course is to enable the learner to make effective qualitative decisions towards health and safety in the workplace and to conduct a risk assessment in their workplace.
- Definitions and Terminologies
- Explian the HIRA process
- Explain the different types of HIRA in the workplace
- Describe and apply the techniques used in HIRA for the workplace
- Explain the legal requirements, with regards to inspections and HIRA
- Significant risk calculation methodology
- Risk Ranking
- Setting control measures to mitigate or reduce the risks
- Report on and recommend remedial action
Duration: 2 Days
Cost: On application
Target Group: Management, HSE Representatives, Safety Officers, Supervisors, SHEQ co-ordinators